TB PROGRAMME TB NURSE
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL MATRON
DUTY STATION: NTCP LUBOMBO
TYPE OF POSITION: FIXED TERM CONTRACT
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Matron of the health facility, responsible for overall TB management and coordination with the TB program by managing patients, and drugs supplies and working with all relevant partners in the public and private sector to ensure effective management of TB cases according to national guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Two or more years of experience working in the TB program
- Further training required:
- Training on comprehensive management of DS-TB and DR-TB
- Training on TB comorbidities
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify TB suspects
- Consult TB patients and make appropriate decisions on care and treatment
- Request sputum smear examination for TB suspects identified
- Liaise with TB laboratory to ensure that all sputum smear examinations requested for TB suspected cases are performed.
- Liaise with the laboratory to ensure all sputum positive patients are followed up
- Assist in the identification of treatment supporters. Assist with training supervision of patient on clients on visual observed therapy (VOT)
- Ensure all records are kept up-to-date and are accurate
- Ensure all follow-up sputum tests are performed as required and results recorded
- Provide feedback on clinic results to community health workers and other staff
- Ensure all patients are treated with respect and compassion by clinic staff
- Monitor adverse reactions to medications.
- Provide health education programs on TB in the clinic.
- Provide HIV counseling and testing to all TB presumptive cases and patients and refer appropriately when necessary.
- Ensure all those who fail to attend for treatment are followed and linked for care
- Ensure supplies are adequate and orders are placed in a timely manner
- Supervise monthly stock counts and submit the monthly reports
- Liaise with the regional coordinator
- Provide continuing education programs for other staff and the community
- Identify and correct situations entailing preventable risks of transmission
- Ensure contact investigation activities are carried out
- Follow the III’s protocol and all other guidelines relevant to TB management
- Update the regularly the electronic TB register (ETR)
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports
- Any other duties related to TB/HIV
The TB nurse is responsible to the Matron. He/she will head the TB unit of the facility. He/she will liaise with the regional TB/HIV coordinator and provide supervision to all community health care workers involved in the management of TB patients. She/he should also liaise with other departments within the facility for a continuum of care.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent report writing and editing abilities.
- Analytical skills and preparation of strategic documents.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and SiSwati.
- Results focus and accountability.
Applications must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively hand deliver to The National TB Program office in Manzini.
Applications must be accompanied by a motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic Certificates, and addressed to: The Principal Secretary, P. O. Box 5, Mbabane, Eswatini.
Closing Date: 7th May 2022
NB: If you do not hear from us within a month after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.