TB Grant Programme Coordinator
JOB TITLE: TB GRANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: TB PROGRAMME MANAGER
DUTY STATION: NTCP (MANZINI)
TYPE OF POSITION: FIXED TERM CONTRACT
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Ministry of Health through the National Tuberculosis Control Programme (NTCP) in its concerted effect to ensure provision of quality TB services for all people with TB disease and infection is seeking to employ Global Fund Grant Coordinator with grant and project management skills to assist the Programme attain its “Eswatini TB Free by 2035”, vision.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COORDINATOR
The Grant Coordinator will work under the operational and technical supervision of the Programme Manager. The incumbent shall be responsible for administrative duties and work closely with Programme partners in executing tasks and in line with the expectation of the Ministry of Health.
Specific tasks, duties and responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the overall coordination and implementation of Global Fund funded activities within the National TB Control Programme (NTCP) to ensure adequate plans and resources are available for TB interventions.
- Participates in the preparation of progress and expenditure reports, and budgetary estimates for the various TB control programme projects.
- Provide support to focal points responsible for the adequate supply of TB drugs and laboratory services for TB diagnosis.
- Network with other Stakeholders/ organizations implementing similar programs to establish areas of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Coordinate TB grant proposal documents, using approved templates, ensuring that all documents are drafted and submitted in line with donor requirements.
- Review grant budgets, and financial reports against approved budgets, and provide critical feedback to the programme and implementing partners.
- Organizes quarterly review meeting to review the implementation of the NTCP Grant and discuss reports, solution to grants implementation challenges and way forward.
- Coordinate and facilitate the preparation of periodic reports disbursement request under the NTCP grant. This includes the preparation of the forecast and workplan.
- Assists in the preparation and completion of key program documents required by Global Fund and Ministry of Health. This includes but is not limited to – Performance Frameworks, Budget, and Health Product.
- Monitor the implementation of grant activities and provides timely updates to the Programme.
- Coordinate the recruitment process for staff in accordance with Ministry of Health Recruitment Guidelines, in order to ensure quality human resources are available for the timely implementation of projects and programs.
- Ensures effective communication and information flow between National Tuberculosis Control Programme (NTCP) and relevant stakeholders, including Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) and the Local Fund Agent (LFA).
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Business Studies, Grant Management, Finance, Public Health or any grant management qualification.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience in TB-related field and/or experience TB projects will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Two (2) years of experience in contracts/grant management and/or project administration.
- Previous experience with, and a good knowledge of the development and humanitarian sector/working with UN, Donors, NGOs is an advantage.
- Additional experience of project support functions (finance, human resources, procurement) is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct financial and budget analysis is strongly desirable.
SKILS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong computer skills, including internet navigation and office applications (MS Office).
- Report writing skills and meet deadlines.
- Communication skills.
- Financial Acumen.
Applications must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively hand deliver to The National TB Program office in Manzini.
Applications must be accompanied by a motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic Certificates, and addressed to: The Principal Secretary, P. O. Box 5, Mbabane, Eswatini.
Closing Date: 7th May 2022
NB: If you do not hear from us within a month after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.